Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Focus is Sharp in The City

Some strange experiences with the Holy Spirit have happened to me on busy street corners. The first I remember happened at the Shell station on Harrodsburg and Broadway in Lexington. I was pumping gas after visiting in a nursing home. A man had expressed that he just did not know if he was saved, and I counseled with him about our assurance of salvation. It was a cold day, a drizzle was coming down and I just had this profound sense of love and peace... A love for all people.

That just happened again a little bit ago, trying to cross Man-o-War, not easily done on foot. That sense of love and peace, perhaps thinking about Steffi and Benji, but it really, again, began to be extended to all people and with this question: do I love them and God enough to give them the whole gospel, not just the pieces that they can accept?

I have a fear of being found cold, heartless and ruthless for withholding the pure Word. But in this moment, it was that Holy Spirit love, a love that comes from God and so does not allow for gaps or hesitation or holding back.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment