Monday, March 28, 2011

A Scene From The Life of Thomas Walsh, Methodist Preacher

Walsh's biography in is vol 5 of Wesley's Veterans. It's a long one, and I have no way of summarizing it... Walsh is the name that crops up most in the other biographies of the Veterans, as one who worked with them, or whose preaching was so powerful that many were converted.

Two interesting encounters jumped out at me as I was reading this morning.

"I talked with one today who was sorely tempted to kill me, and for no other reason than because she was awakened under my preaching to feel herself a miserable sinner."

"After preaching a young woman came to me and said that some time before she had brought a knife with her to preaching, intending to kill me... The Devil suggested that if she killed me, the burden she felt under my preaching would disappear."


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:W New Circle Rd,Lexington,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment